Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN WILL MY COFFEE BE ROASTED? *updated*
Roasting happens on a weekly cycle depending on demand. Ideally, we let the coffee beans degas for at least 48 hours, plus a few more days rest before being ready for delivery
Roasted coffee is considered extremely fresh if received between 2-8 days after roasting. We do not recommend picking up coffee 24 hours after roasting. This is considered too fresh and not within the aging parameters we recommend for our coffee
- Read this for more information - https://perfectdailygrind.com/2015/09/what-roasting-dates-can-cant-tell-you-about-coffee/
IS IT FRESH?
Freshly roasted coffee beans are typically degassed for 10-15 days before it is optimal for consumption. Degassing refers to the beans releasing carbon dioxide as well as developing flavours during that period
While there are individuals that prefer ultra fresh beans (roast day 1 to 5) and there is no wrong in that, based on testing, (we drink a lot of coffee) and feedback from customers, our roasted beans taste best between day 10 and 30, and are fresh up to 60 days for most brew methods, 45 days for espresso, and 20-25 days for pre-ground coffee
- If you would like to order coffee from our most recent roast without degassing, just leave us a note at check out or inform us via the chat widget on our website - we’d be happy to oblige!
WHEN WILL MY COFFEE BE DELIVERED?
You can expect your coffee beans to be packed between 1-2 working days from your order based on shipping days. Shipping goes out in batches on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
If you placed an order on Monday before 6pm Singapore time, it gets shipped out on Tuesday. You will most likely receive it between Friday and Saturday
If you placed an order on Wednesday before 6pm Singapore time, it gets shipped out on Thursday. You will most likely receive it around the following Monday or Tuesday
- If you placed an order on Friday before 6pm Singapore time, it gets shipped out on Saturday. You will most likely receive it around the following Wednesday or Thursday
Help! I need my coffee urgently, what do I do?
- Book a locker for self-collection ( available 24 hours and free!)
Will I be notified when it gets shipped?
- Once it is fulfilled and shipped, you will receive an email from us and you can wait up to 3 days for our beautiful smelling beans to reach you. Delivery days are everyday except Sundays.
- Covid-19 note: please be patient during this period as all delivery options are severely backed overwhelmed, if delayed, you can expect it at up to +/- 1 day, contact coffee concierge so that we can reliably track and follow up for you!
I am buying coffee/equipment for a gift, how do i make sure it gets delivered in time?
If your gift is to reach your recipient by a specific date we recommend you place your order at least a 7 days in advance and leave us a comment at checkout, or chat with us using the chat widget on our website, so that we can give our courier a heads up
If your gift is to reach your recipient at a specific date, we recommend you place your order at least a 7 days in advance and leave us a comment at checkout, or chat with us using the chat widget on our website, where we may be able to make a special arrangement with our courier or schedule a Grab delivery for that day (additional costs apply)
- If you are not able to order in advance or have last minute requests, we recommend that you reach out to us via the chat widget on our website, to check if we are able to fulfill your order for self-collection at our lockers, or delivery via Grab (additional costs apply). This is provided that the desired coffee beans or equipment are in stock.
Who ships my coffee?
- We are partnered with a reliable local courier service who is also a local small business. We love their speed, they are really nice like us and they are authorized to handle contactless delivery during the Covid-19 period. #supportlocalbusiness #underdogs
Do you do international shipping?
- Yes, we can make it happen, contact Coffee Concierge for this special arrangement.
Why do you charge upfront for a subscription and what makes it worth my while to subscribe?
- It costs us a lot of money to implement an application that will link up with a payment service to charge you monthly. We would much rather put that money into buying better beans for our subscribers.
- We see the subscription as a very honest exchange, money up front so we can secure your greens in advance to help us make better purchasing decisions in exchange for a clear 15-20% discount off rack rates on our coffee beans.
- If you take our most expensive beans and multiply that by the quantity of deliveries you want to subscribe to, you'll see the value is in your favour.
- Subscribers also often get premium and unlisted coffee beans from us, not to mention loads of free samples and merchandise, ask any of our loyal subs. :)
How does my subscription work? Can I pause it?
- Upon selecting of your preferred volume for your 12 pack subscription, go to the comment section before the payment page and indicate your preferences there, we will handle the rest!
- When you want to start your subscription
- How often you want it
- If you require it grounded, what is your preferred coffee making method
- Received some coffee beans from family and friends? Trying out a new roaster? Going on vacation? Too much coffee and would like to take a break for a little while? Or just want to take a break? No need to cancel. It’s easy to skip one or more shipments, just go to www.roundboyroasters.com and contact your coffee concierge.
I’m on the 12 pack subscription; What beans will you be sending? Are they different every time?
- It’s entirely up to you! You can have the same of your favorite coffee (Milkyway wink* wink*). Or you can tell us your preferred coffee profile and we will be sending coffee beans that meet your taste. Otherwise, you can go entirely “Omakase” aka “we decide” and let us surprise you with not only what’s on our offerings but also our experimental blends or new beans that we selfishly keep for ourselves (but you know we are #RBRLovin so you get it too)
Is this coffee ground? Will you grind my coffee?
Our default offering is coffee as whole beans, it is our belief that this is the best way to ensure your coffee stays fresh and delivers the flavor that we have created for you. Freshly ground coffee is a sensory joy that we want you to experience daily, we encourage you to give it a try!
If you do not own a grinder, we are constantly find good deals for grinding equipment and listing it up for your #RBRfans or even better, contact our Coffee Concierge so that we can have a conversation of what would be the perfect grinder for your needs.
If you are not up for fuss, we are more than happy to grind it for you. Please choose the ground size you need by referencing this table and indicate in the comment box on your preferred grind size or brew method, we will handle the rest!
Do note that ground coffee oxidises at a faster rate than whole beans. So you might experience a bag thats a little inflated from degassing if we sent it to you within 60 hours of roast, or it may start to taste less fresh after 20-25 days because it's preground.