When will my coffee be roasted? Is it fresh?
Roasting happens on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. All stocks are roasted fresh for orders placed in that batch. Coffee will degas for 48 hours before being ready for delivery.
Freshly roasted coffee is considered (extremely fresh) if received between 2-8 days after roasting. We do not recommend picking up coffee 24 hours after roasting. This is considered too fresh and not within the ageing perimeters we recommend for our coffee.
- Read this for more information - https://perfectdailygrind.com/2015/09/what-roasting-dates-can-cant-tell-you-about-coffee/
When will my coffee be delivered?
- You can expect your freshly roasted coffee beans to be shipped between 1-2 working days from your order based on shipping days. Shipping goes out in batches on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- If you placed an order on Monday, it gets shipped out on Tuesday evening. You will most likely receive it between Friday and Saturday.
- If you placed an order on Wednesday, it gets shipped out on Thursday evening. You will most like receive it between Monday and Tuesday.
- If you placed an order on Friday, gets shipped out on Saturday evening. You will most likely receive it between Wednesday and Thursday.
Will I be notified when it gets shipped?
- Once it is fulfilled and shipped, you will receive an email from us and you can wait up to 3 days for our beautiful smelling beans to reach you. Delivery days are everyday except Sundays.
- Covid-19 note: please be patient during this period as all delivery options are severely backed overwhelmed, if delayed, you can expect it at up to +/- 1 day, contact coffee concierge so that we can reliably track and follow up for you!
Who ships my coffee?
- We are partnered with a reliable local courier service who is also a local small business. We love their speed, they are really nice like us and they are authorized to handle contactless delivery during the Covid-19 period. #supportlocalbusiness #underdogs
Do you do international shipping?
- Yes, we can make it happen, contact Coffee Concierge for this special arrangement.
How does my subscription work? Can I pause it?
- Upon selecting of your preferred volume for your 12 pack subscription, go to the comment section before the payment page and indicate your preferences there, we will handle the rest!
- When you want to start your subscription
- How often you want it
- If you require it grounded, what is your preferred coffee making method
- Received some coffee beans from family and friends? Trying out a new roaster? Going on vacation? Too much coffee and would like to take a break for a little while? Or just want to take a break? No need to cancel. It’s easy to skip one or more shipments, just go to www.roundboyroasters.com and contact your coffee concierge.
I’m on the 12 pack subscription; What beans will you be sending? Are they different every time?
- It’s entirely up to you! You can have the same of your favorite coffee (Milkyway wink* wink*). Or you can tell us your preferred coffee profile and we will be sending coffee beans that meet your taste. Otherwise, you can go entirely “Omakase” aka “we decide” and let us surprise you with not only what’s on our offerings but also our experimental blends or new beans that we selfishly keep for ourselves (but you know we are #RBRLovin so you get it too)
Is this coffee ground? Will you grind my coffee?
Our default offering is coffee as whole beans, it is our belief that this is the best way to ensure your coffee stays fresh and delivers the flavor that we have created for you. Freshly ground coffee is a sensory joy that we want you to experience daily, we encourage you to give it a try!
If you do not own a grinder, we are constantly find good deals for grinding equipment and listing it up for your #RBRfans or even better, contact our Coffee Concierge so that we can have a conversation of what would be the perfect grinder for your needs.
If you are not up for fuss, we are more than happy to grind it for you. Please choose the ground size you need by referencing this table and indicate in the comment box on your preferred grind size or brew method, we will handle the rest!
Do note that ground coffee oxidises at a faster rate than whole beans. So you might experience a bag thats a little inflated from degassing if we sent it to you within 60 hours of roast, or it may start to taste less fresh after 20-25 days because it's preground.